Purpose of committee
The Planning Committee is one of the Council’s Regulatory Committee and has decision-making powers.
Some planning applications can be decided by officers or the Planning Committee and the Committee sits approximately every three weeks to consider applications. Members of the public who may have an interest in any application have a right to speak to the Committee with prior notification (please read the following document 'Public Speaking at Planning Committee - A Protocol' by clicking here).
Further details about the responsibilities of the Planning Committee are available in Part 3 of the Constitution.
- Councillor Ms Glennice Birkin
- Councillor Edward A Bishop
- Councillor Mrs Donna A Briggs (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Mrs Valerie Custance
- Councillor Howard Griffiths
- Councillor Margaret Griffiths
- Councillor Terence Holbrook
- Councillor Jennifer Hulls
- Councillor Linda McGraw BA (Hons)
- Councillor Kevin P Miller
- Councillor Robert A Parkinson BSc (Chairman)
- Councillor Daniel Walton
- Councillor Mrs Jane Wilson
- Andrew Sharpe (Secretary)
Support officer: Andrew Sharpe. 0115 907 2244 Extn 3611
Democratic Services Section